So, I did come up with that stand-in title, Running with Buffalo, but I'm thinking it might be even better without the "with" in the title and also sound a little less like Dances with Wolves which it is not. Titles are pretty important. However, I think one is of minimal importance when I am hammering out the details of the story since the title I feel should come from the story and not vice versa. Therefore, I will keep this temporary title for now and keep the formation of a title in mind as I continue my career in construction (hammering away?).
New developments in the story? Well, philosophers have posed the question of whether you can believe something that you cannot conceive. I cannot conceive the villain fully and therefore I and my readers will not be able to believe in him. I am going to give him however a sister or other female relative who is pushing him to rise in political position (in order to deepen his character). Then the two women represent his two consciences almost. He is pulled on the one hand to follow his desires, escape from stricture, and be someone other than would be though christian, etc (by being with Isi)...and on the other hand, he wants to fill the expectations of the world he grew up in. This is a battle of the mind (and internal character/beliefs) worthy of this story and this gives me the material to make the villain real. He has his own demons, his own battles and his extreme behaviours come out of compensating for his wayward fantasies and actions (hair trigger reactions) . Then part of the narration could tell/show some of his thoughts in 3rd/1st person as he embarks on various plans of action.
Tuesday, July 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment