So thanks to my brother, I have started using some software for creating my story outline, complete with scenes as detailed or not as I like. I can use the program to order the scenes and change the order anytime I like. Anyhow the point is that I have a fairly good idea of the main storyline's sequence now. The major scenes in that storyline are definitely in order but there are also some minor scenes that I haven't gotten around to ordering yet. Well, would you like to see what I've got so far? Tease Tease. Maybe I don't want to show you, eh? Okay, how about a few key scenes? I've added some and edited some too. Enjoy...
Nearing the very end of the book:
Nina blows up military building/barracks (she doesn't have as many explosives as she would like, due to Hero's earlier sabotage but enough to destroy building's supports) with soldiers/General inside as they are tearing people out of their homes (sympathetic people).
General (coming out of the building) makes decision to save fellow soldier and not Isi at final moment. It's a split second decision, the building is coming down on them after the explosion and he can only grab one person. This finalizes their story. His prioriities are now apparent and no longer in question. "Isi was fun but not worth taking any risks." This scene is in slow motion, General steps out not a second before the explosion occurs behind him. He turns and there are two people behind him (Isi and soldier)...both their shoulders hunched in response to loud noise...Isi's eyes are directly on his and he reaches out and...pulls/yanks out the soldier.
Thursday, August 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i see it as not just "fun and not worth it" but also the soldier is like family...isi is nothing like family. therefore no obligations there...no real connection, sense of duty etc etc. none of that...after all he is complex right? so she's fun and not worth it - is fine and all but if that's all there is, he's simplistic again. just imho. :)
Somewhat irrelevant now, there is no other soldier to save...just Isi and he likes/loves Isi alright but it always comes down to the question of will he take risks for her and he won't. He's complicated but has some serious flaws as a person. He'd like to have it all but he just can't. He tries to be the tough general on the one hand and then in these more personal affairs (literally) he is revealed to be very weak.
Post a Comment