Friday, November 25, 2005
A post for my thoughts
I was thinking that Isi's existence is not yet indelibly linked to that of the main character, Nina and that is a problem. It isn't quite clear why we are interested except that her story, on it's own, is more interesting than Nina's...another problem. Also, must remember to keep a very dramatic suspenseful tone. This is not a light story. I like the tone of the second Lord of the Rings movie. It is quite atmospheric and dramatic. I want that wide open, cinematic feel in a way but more importantly, I am learning to write better character descriptions. I am reading a novel about the civil war, since this is close to the same time period. The writing style and dialogue has been very enlightening. And it also reminded me to add rain. Weather can be quite exciting/moving, don't you think? (-:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment