I have six master and minor characters and by exploring how each interacts with the others, I have discovered new truths about my novel which currently has only about forty scenes.
Using a random name generator, I obtained a name for my villain, General Calvin Lloyd Beech. The buffalo soldier's name is either Logan or Truman (I think I like the latter better since he is such a loyal soul). The Heroine is still Nina (Xochitl), the hero Palmer, and while the elder in the community from which she gets her supplies is referred to as (Chahta) Apokni or (Choctaw) grandmother, her wild and beautiful daughter is as yet unnamed. She has been seduced by the villain and is pre-occupied with helping him and imagines that he may one day marry her. In truth this is never a possibility because under Andrew Jackson's administration, if the General wants political power then he cannot marry an Indian.
The elder's daughter overhears a conversation and is able to pass this information to the general, revealing the escape plans of the Hero. This girl (I will call her Isi Palli or summer deer for now) talks with the other lost young people who have succumbed to the attraction of the alcohol and other things that the army sells them or gives them for free.
Perhaps the buffalo man is Isi's admirer...
Monday, June 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment